Ride For A Reason 2020 is a one day ride, in support of Southern Alberta Bible Camp. Our goal this year is to raise $100,000. The funds raised will go towards sending kids to camp through the All Aboard fund. With the $100,000 we will be able to send close to 300 kids to camp in the summer of 2020!
We have two lengths of rides this year. The 130km ride begins at Chain Lakes and the 50km begins in Vulcan. Both rides will end at Southern Alberta Bible Camp together. Riders will be accompanied by support vehicles including trucks, motorcycles and cars and there will be qualified first aid personnel along on the trip.
Friday June 19th
This year we will be staying at Southern Alberta Bible Camp the night before the ride. If you are in need of a ride to Southern Alberta Bible Camp, or transportation for your bike, please email email@example.com or call 403-792-3644.
- 7:00pm: Registration begins at SABC
- 9:00pm: Snack and ride information
Lodging available at Southern Alberta Bible Camp.
Saturday June 20th
Bicycles and equipment will be transported either in a trailer or in support vehicles.
- 7:00am: Breakfast provided at SABC
- 8:00am: 130km riders will leave camp on a bus.
- 9:30am: 130km ride will begin at Chain lakes
- 12:30pm: 50km riders will leave camp on a bus at
- 1:30pm Lunch at Vulcan
- 2:00pm: 50km Riders start ride from Vulcan
- 5:30pm: Finale supper & program (Friends and family are welcome to join us. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Riders will need to arrange their own transportation home from the camp.
Provided By Official Sponsors:
To receive the discounts, please print off your registration confirmation letter and bring it to the following sponsors:
Ascent Cycle – Lethbridge
- 10% off tune-ups
- 10% off merchandise
During the Ride
- Promotional materials – decals for bikes and vehicles, sponsorship brochures and forms
- Partnership role in changing a child’s life through SABC
- High end Sugoi cycle jersey - Included with 130km registration fee before April 20th!
- RFAR 2020 Athletic Shirt - Included with 50km registration fee before June 1
- Rider Bag
- 1 night lodging
- 1 day worth of meals (breakfast, lunch, supper) and snacks (protein bars etc.)
- Drinks (Sport drinks, water, etc.)
- Transportation for bikes from SABC to ride start.
- Prizes for top sponsorship funds raised, most sponsorships received and more!
- Bike tools and pumps will be available on demand as needed
- Building community and having fun Friday evening and throughout the day on Saturday.
Each rider pays a registration fee so that all pledges can go to SABC.
- 50km $100
- 130km $150
Registration closing date | June 1st, 2020.
50km riders athletic shirt deadline | June 1st (register before that date to receive a shirt)
130km riders jersey deadline | April 20th (register before that date to receive a jersey)
The registration fee is not tax deductible. Once registered, a rider will receive a ‘Ride Package’ by email which includes ride maps, and sponsorship forms.
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Maintain a speed of 20 km/hr for the duration of the ride
- Good health
- Sign a Waiver of Liability release
- For the 130km distance, a good road bike is strongly suggested
We have a limited number of bikes we are able to lend to first year riders. Contact us if you are interested. They are on a first come first serve basis.
Pledges / Sponsorship:
Each rider is expected to collect pledges or sponsorship for the ride.
Suggested sponsorship amount
- $600 with a required minimum of $300.
Minimum sponsorships will need to be attained prior to the ride. If the minimum is not raised, the rider will be asked to pay the remainder.
Riders can receive sponsorships online or print and hand out sponsorship forms to potential sponsors after they receive their registration confirmation email. These forms also provide event information and an invitation to the ‘Ride Finale’. Sponsors can sponsor online with a credit card, mail cheques to SABC or give cheques/cash to the rider they are sponsoring.
Prizes will be awarded for the highest sponsorship commitment by June 20st, most number of sponsors, most corporate sponsorships and more. Prizes will be handed out at the finale on June 20st.
- Bike Clothes + Regular Clothing
- Sun Glasses
- Spare Tube
- Bike Tool (RFAR has some but we still recommend riding with one)
- Bedding (pillow, sleeping bag, sheets for single bed)
- Bike shoes (if you have clip-ins, shoes with a firm sole)
- Bike Jacket/Rain Coat
- Padded Bike Shorts
- Bike Pants
- Bike Gloves
- Water Bottles/Camelback